Episode 80. The Foundations of Success
Listen to the Episode
Enjoying the Podcast?
« CLICK HERE » to leave us a review and rating!
Coach Scott Abel discusses the mindset foundations of long-term success, based on some of the principles found in his book, The Mindset of Achievement, which is available for free at:
What you must embrace:
- Three key ideas: keep high standards, be disciplined, and have high expectations.
- You can’t have the “wants” without the do’s! Or, put another way: “No perks without the works”.
- Pressure is perception, but it is also something you can and should invite. Pressure is a sign of growth and challenge.
- You can’t let other people dictate the direction of your process.
- High expectations come with baggage – if you expect a lot for yourself, then you must expect a lot from yourself.
- Structure and regimentation are grounding forces. These things are generally mandatory, not optional.
- You can abide in these principles without struggling “against” them. Life happens and you deal with it, and this brings peace of mind.
- Have a passion for yourself, not just this or that product.
- Being truly passionate means not relying on motivation.
- Remember that respect is earned… but yes, this also includes many aspects of self-respect.