Episode 89. Zen and New Year’s Resolutions (Part 1)
Listen to the Episode
Enjoying the Podcast?
« CLICK HERE » to leave us a review and rating!
This is a new year…or is it? Are New Year’s Resolutions consistent with a “Zen” mindset? Coach Scott Abel discusses why they’re not.
Coach is getting ready for the official launch of his new course The Busy Woman’s Tighten & Tone Program by presenting a glimpse of free bonus exercises.
Why Zen and New Year’s Resolutions would be a contradiction
- If you are beginning each year with pretty much the same weight loss goals or physique transformation goals and the same self-image issues, then your physical/workout process is likely not the issue. The issue is one of thinking strategy which, as Scott has stated on many occasions, are often “stinking tragedies”.
- “What is gained and what is lost?” if after a time all thoughts go back to negative self-image issues, and the circle begins again.
- Be conscious of your choices. Don’t forget that habits are born from choices. Also, be responsible for your actions: own your behavior. Habits mature, and are strengthened in actions.
- “Want” is at the root of all suffering. Your New Year’s resolutions are almost always reflective of “want – don’t want”, and so, If you’re always wanting, you will always be unhappy.
- Try to catch yourself in “I want – don’t want” thinking. For example: Do you really long for the goal of being “not fat”, or rather to how you’ll feel if you aren’t?
- The Law of Reversed Effect states that the harder the effort to succeed, the more likely is the inevitable failure.
- Mental and emotional fitness are important to attain sustainable physical fitness. Only a passion for the process eliminates want-suffering feedback loops. Love of the process makes success more attainable.
- The Sawyer Effect: Mindset that turns play into work and vice versa. Make goals a playful challenge and not an obligation.
- Always Remember Scott’s famous quote: Quality of Mindset determines Quality of Achievement.
LINKS & RESOURCES
Busy Woman’s Tighten and Tone at Home
Free Exercises Here!
Scott’s Featured e-Books (Find hard copies at Amazon)
Follow Coach Scott Abel
Books, Workout Programs, Mindset Strategies and More
Posts, Tips, Recent Activities, and Live Sessions
Webinars, Exercises, Thoughts and More