Episode 154. Three Reasons Why Coaching Matters for Physique Transformation
Listen to the Episode
Enjoying the Podcast?
« CLICK HERE » to leave us a review and rating!
Why does one-on-one coaching consistently deliver sustainable results where DIY approaches fail to transform and then maintain physique?
Scott expands on three reasons why.
Information, with guided application
- You’ll need someone—a coach—to guide application of knowledge.
- Do you think all you need is motivation? A coach can’t provide motivation. Inspiration comes from within.
- Act, don’t just gather information. Information without action is powerless.
- Actions that yield results provide more motivation than information alone.
- A coach or mentor provides guidance, direction, support and accountability. Scott describes how his Master’s thesis advisor did this for him.
- The third party (advisor/coach/mentor) needs to be a real person and not an app. Three former clients recently re-hired Scott after trying to go it alone.
Hire a change agent. It’s worth it
- Replace a habit, don’t change it.
- Stress makes habits harder to break.
- It takes a habit to break a habit. Don’t fight a bad habit. Replace bad habits with good ones.
- The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they’re too heavy to break.
- Examining and challenging preconceived notions is a crucial first step to habit-breaking.
Real coaching is an investment, not an expenditure.
It’s easier to quit when no one else is watching
- Do you make goals, or excuses? Goal orientation comes from a positive mindset.
- Doers and dabblers: The doer is committed and learns from mistakes; The dabbler exhibits little commitment.
- People value what they invest in.
- Even talented aspiring professional athletes pay to attend [instructional] camps.
- A client doesn’t care how much the coach knows until they know how much the coach cares.
Diet Resources by Scott
Do you want to enjoy food
without "worrying" about it?
Get an entire module of "Food Freedom" as a Free Email Course
100% Free. No Credit Card Required.