Episode 154. Three Reasons Why Coaching Matters for Physique Transformation
Listen to the Episode
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | RSS
Enjoying the Podcast?
« CLICK HERE » to leave us a review and rating!
Why does one-on-one coaching consistently deliver sustainable results where DIY approaches fail to transform and then maintain physique?
Scott expands on three reasons why.
Information, with guided application
- You’ll need someone—a coach—to guide application of knowledge.
- Do you think all you need is motivation? A coach can’t provide motivation. Inspiration comes from within.
- Act, don’t just gather information. Information without action is powerless.
- Actions that yield results provide more motivation than information alone.
- A coach or mentor provides guidance, direction, support and accountability. Scott describes how his Master’s thesis advisor did this for him.
- The third party (advisor/coach/mentor) needs to be a real person and not an app. Three former clients recently re-hired Scott after trying to go it alone.
Hire a change agent. It’s worth it
- Replace a habit, don’t change it.
- Stress makes habits harder to break.
- It takes a habit to break a habit. Don’t fight a bad habit. Replace bad habits with good ones.
- The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they’re too heavy to break.
- Examining and challenging preconceived notions is a crucial first step to habit-breaking.
Real coaching is an investment, not an expenditure.
It’s easier to quit when no one else is watching
- Do you make goals, or excuses? Goal orientation comes from a positive mindset.
- Doers and dabblers: The doer is committed and learns from mistakes; The dabbler exhibits little commitment.
- People value what they invest in.
- Even talented aspiring professional athletes pay to attend [instructional] camps.
- A client doesn’t care how much the coach knows until they know how much the coach cares.
Diet Resources by Scott
The Cycle Diet course | Lean Without Trying | Metabolic Damage and the Dangers of Dieting
Do you want to enjoy food
without "worrying" about it?
Get an entire module of "Food Freedom" as a Free Email Course
100% Free. No Credit Card Required.