Episode 135. How to Never Fail on a Diet Again
Listen to the Episode
Enjoying the Podcast?
« CLICK HERE » to leave us a review and rating!
It’s no secret that dieting is a popular New Year’s resolution. It’s also no secret that many people fail to achieve their diet goals. Scott shares a proven approach to dieting that leads to long-term success.
“It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.”
– Paul “Bear” Bryant
- There are no magic diet pills, or workout programs.
- It’s not about can you do it. It’s about will you do it.
- Making the diet about the “numbers” leads to failure. Instead, make it about character development.
- Character is why some succeed and some fail.
“Character is a set of dispositions, desires and habits that are slowly engraved.” – David Brooks, The Road to Character
- We tend to eat how we live, and we tend to live how we eat.
- Cheating on your diet is just cheating on yourself.
- Commit to yourself, not to a diet.
- Treat yourself like you are someone worth taking care of and committing to, then act accordingly.
- The more difficult the [diet] rules, the harder the diet will be to adhere to.
- Invest in following rules which are grounded in a set of principles.
- Escape the battle mindset: battling cravings, or battling hunger.
- More backbone. Less wishbone.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
Do you want to enjoy food
without “worrying” about it?
Get an entire module of “Food Freedom” as a Free Email Course
100% Free. No Credit Card Required.