Episode 132. Food, Diet and the Holiday Season
Listen to the Episode
Enjoying the Podcast?
« CLICK HERE » to leave us a review and rating!
It’s the Holiday season and time to start fretting about diet and weight gain, right? Not so fast. Healthy diet psychology celebrates and embraces food during the Holidays.
“What you resist, persists.”
- Food has been part of holiday traditions for hundreds of years, spanning both time and cultures; it is included in the happiness of the Season.
- Resisting food during the holidays is silly. It just needs to be managed.
- Proper diet psychology is about “managing celebration.”
- This isn’t the time of year to wage war against yourself.
- Scott suggests “…a time to embrace” from Ecclesiastes chapter 3, 1-8 includes the embracing of food in its proper time:
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens…”.
- Scott made a practice of scheduling a two-week-long break from diet each year during Christmastime.
- If the Holiday season has no importance for you, then go ahead and stick to your diet.
- A free mind doesn’t mean total hedonistic approach to food indulgence… the free mind is an adult mind.
- The Cycle Diet is a diet of inclusion, not exclusion; you can live [and maintain a great physique] in a world of food abundance.
- The Cycle Diet allows for refeeds. These can be built into the program.
- Lean into food during the holidays rather than fighting it as fad diet gurus would advise.
Do you want to enjoy food
without “worrying” about it?
Get an entire module of “Food Freedom” as a Free Email Course
100% Free. No Credit Card Required.