Episode 129. Reflections on my Discussion with Dr. T. Colin Campbell
Listen to the Episode
Enjoying the Podcast?
« CLICK HERE » to leave us a review and rating!
Scott makes some high-level observations about health, longevity and integrity following his interview with Dr. Thomas Colin Campbell.
Live until you die.
- If you’re in your 40s or 50s, it’s never too early to think about the quality of your life moving forward.
- Surviving isn’t the same thing as thriving. Add life to years, not years to life.
- Dr. Campbell is finishing another book at age 84. Many people at that age are retired and suffering health problems.
- Scott’s dad lived until he was 87 but had a litany of health issues that began around his 50s. He ate a typical American diet, where the plate was several shades of beige and few bright colors (i.e., fruits and vegetables.)
- Dr. Campbell said during the interview that he takes no meds or supplements. He demonstrates the benefits of a whole food plant-based lifestyle.
- If carbs are so bad for us, why is Dr. Campbell so healthy?
- Ellsworth Wareham, cardiothoracic surgeon, worked into his 90s and lived until he was 104. He attributed his longevity to a plant-based diet.
- Long-term health benefits should accompany weight loss [meaning weight loss should be accomplished in a healthy way.]
- Dr. Campbell followed where the research led him, an example of integrity.
“Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
– Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
Do you want to enjoy food
without “worrying” about it?
Get an entire module of “Food Freedom” as a Free Email Course
100% Free. No Credit Card Required.