Episode 125. If Seeing is Believing…
Listen to the Episode
Enjoying the Podcast?
« CLICK HERE » to leave us a review and rating!
Coach Scott shares the specifics of his own recent medical lab results to demonstrate how his body has responded to a vegan diet.
Feeling good is as important as positive health measures
- Scott goes line by line through his laboratory report, showing the number count tresholds for each item. All tested within healthy ranges.
- He asked his doctor specifically to include measures for iron, B12, protein, and sex hormones, since those are frequent targets of vegan diet naysayers.
- Vegan diets are reputed to not provide sufficient protein or B12, yet his B12 tested well.
- Scott eats fortified vegan foods, and drinks 1 to 2 liters of nut milk. A single cup provides 50% of daily B12 needs.
- Scott takes no vitamin supplements.
- Testosterone levels continue at healthy levels. Scott says he’s been tapering his dose of hormone replacement meds.
- His BP tested as 110/70, though he regularly salts his food with plain, iodized table salt. High sodium has been associated with hypertension (high blood pressure.)
- Hematology measures (hemoglobin, red blood cell count, hematocrit, platelets, etc.) all fell within the healthy range.
- Scott’s lab results run counter to what low-carb diet advocates say about high carb diet effects on blood sugar, lipids, protein, and sex hormones.
Disclaimer: These are Scott’s results. While clinical studies have shown whole-food plant-based diets to be healthy, individual results may vary. Lifestyle factors, such as exercise, smoking choice, stress level and sleep, all affect overall health.
Do you want to enjoy food
without “worrying” about it?
Get an entire module of “Food Freedom” as a Free Email Course
100% Free. No Credit Card Required.